Happy Sunday. Today is just a day like any other. If for any reason you’re finding this particular day or a specific moment in it to be difficult, here are 10 positive affirmations to help guide you through it.
- I am enough just as I am.
- I am safe, happy and loved.
- I made the right choices.
- My body and my mind deserve care and respect.
- I will change what I can and accept what I cannot.
- Recovery is not linear, but healing is still happening.
- I am not perfect, but I am doing the best that I can to be the best version of myself.
- I will show up everyday.
- I am strong.
- I write my own story.
You deserve to be proactive about your self-care; don’t wait for reactive moments to build up.
Be intentional and take the time to care for yourself to be well or you’ll be forced to make time to try to heal yourself when you’re ill. Self-care is productive and not selfish. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. You cannot see it directly, but it affects everything you do and are.
Find the little things to look forward to that get you out of bed. Remember that you’re loved. Every day is a new chance to learn, rest, work or play. Some days are harder, so try planning around them accordingly.
Today I had a wonderful cup of Tim Horton’s French Vanilla while watching one of my favorite shows from my childhood: Gravity Falls. I also did my daily yoga and journaling. I will be taking the day as it comes.
What’s one nice thing you like to do for yourself?